- > LSI Auckland - Demi Au-Pair Programme
- > Adventure Gap Year starting in New Zealand
- > Job Club with LSNZ in Queenstown
- > Opus Paid Work and Study by Kaplan International Colleges New Zealand
- > English and Demi Pair or Au Pair in New Zealand
- > Working Holiday Opportunities in New Zealand
- > Viticulture and Oenology Courses in New Zealand
- > Audio, Music and Film Short Courses in New Zealand
- > Outdoor Short Courses in New Zealand
To be eligible for a Working Holiday Visa
- have a passport from the countries mentioned in this list that‘s valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- be at least 18 and not more than 35 years old and not bring children with you
- hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket*
- have a minimum of NZ$ 4,200 available funds to meet your living costs while you’re in New Zealand
- meet the New Zealand health and character requirements
- hold medical and comprehensive hospitalisation insurance for the length of your stay
- be coming to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
- not have been approved a visa under a Working Holiday Scheme before.
*You are required to hold sufficient funds for the duration of your visit and for the purchase of an outward ticket from New Zealand. Such evidence may be requested on arrival at the border.
You will need to meet the New Zealand immigration authorities health requirements for temporary entry to New Zealand. Generally, the New Zealand immigration authorities will not approve the entry of people to New Zealand if they have:
- active pulmonary tuberculosis (TB)
- a relatively high probability of needing publicly funded health services during their stay in New Zealand, including, but not limited to:
- hospitalisation, residential care or high-cost pharmaceuticals
- or high-cost disability services
To grant you a New Zealand visa New Zealand immigration authorities need to be assured that you and any family included in your application are of good character. They make this requirement to protect the well being and security of New Zealanders. The New Zealand immigration authorities carry out character checks on everyone 17 years or over included in residence applications or applying for temporary entry for 24 months or longer. They will also undertake a character check on anyone else that they consider may not meet their character requirements.
Applicants for a New Zealand Working Holiday Visa are not required to provide evidence of a job offer.
Download the Immigration New Zealand Work Visa Guide here.