Private Training Establishments
Private Training Establishments (PTEs) are to provide training often not available in the public sector. They offer curriculum in "niche occupations" like tourism, design or ICT. They also provide training to special needs groups or in time frames that support different learner needs. The tutors are generally drawn from industry rather than academia and the goal for most learners is to reach employment quickly.
It has been argued that private trainers have the ability to respond quickly to the changing needs of industry. Most providers provide courses that are NZQA accredited and many offer certificates, diplomas and degrees. Private trainers offer an alternative to state schools and many learners prefer the supportive environment of most private trainers.
All education organisations can be accredited to assess for national qualifications. Before applying for accreditation, private and government training establishments must be registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
- > Discount offers with Private Training Institutes
- > Student Testimonials
- > Abacus Institute of Studies
- > ACG Yoobee School of Design, Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch
- > Alphacrucis, Penrose, Auckland
- > Animation College, Auckland campus and Rotorua campus
- > Edenz Colleges, Auckland
- > Hungry Creek Art and Craft School
- > International Pacific College (IPC)
- > International Travel College, Auckland and Botany
- > National Trade Academy
- > National Trade Academy International Agriculture Studies Christchurch
- > New Zealand Career College
- > New Zealand Film Academy and Digital Media Academy, Auckland
- > New Zealand Institute of Education
- > New Zealand Institute of Studies, Auckland
- > Queenstown Resort College, Queenstown